Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Travel plans shift in time and place . . .

I thought we'd be traveling in August.

But we may  not go afar.

Our dearest daughter has fallen, broken her ankle badly, and will be immobile for about three months -- or so the doctors say. So, travel plans are shelved. For now.

Instead, I'm thinking of hosting a few travel blogs, perhaps one or two a week, to those places I hope to go one day.

My primary research interests remain: Scotland, Tasmania, and here in the states, the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada. Of course my lens is curiously set at mid 19th Century, but if I can't go physically, perhaps online will do to get a sense of the colors and shapes of the landscape and perhaps a bit of the history as well.

What do you think? Any locations to add to the list? Memories of places once visited you'd like to visit again? Should I invite others to guest blog?

I'm remembering a crowded pier, sea lions basking in early morning light, somewhere south of Neskowin and Newport. Hot coffee before driving further south. Flower gardens and then the redwoods.




3 comments:

Deniz Bevan said...

That's a lovely idea Beth! If I wasn't so harried trying to finish edits I'd love to write you a guest post on Turkey. Well, if it's a few weeks from now I might manage to do it?

Beth Camp said...

Good morning, Deniz. Turkey is one of my favorite places. I'd love for you to do a blog. Email me when it's convenient for your schedule. I have photos if you don't! May your editing go well. Beth

KM Huber said...

Meant to comment on this post earlier...however, I do hope your daughter is doing better. It sounds like quite an incapacitating injury.

However you may present us with faraway places, Beth, I enjoy your travel posts immensely. Oh, and I, too, have such a love for the 19th century, mostly the transcendentalists and romantics but also the idealism of those hundred years.

I am thinking of you and yours, Beth.
Karen