Saturday, May 04, 2013

Satisfy your McMuffin Craving . . . at home!

Here's a family recipe that comes to me via hearsay and stories from my brother-in-law some 3,000 miles away. 

Once the craving hits for a certain kind of tasty muffin, you don't have to get dressed, leap in the car, or drive to the closest giant arches. You can create these wonders right at home with a few simple ingredients. Here's how we make McMuffins at home.

For each person, gather:

  • 1 egg
  • 1 English Muffin
  • cheese (if desired)
  • Tomato slice
  • Lettuce slice or spinach
  • butter
Melt butter in small frying pan. While egg is cooking, toast buttered English Muffin in toaster oven. Flip egg over. When egg is finished cooking and muffin is toasted, assemble McMuffin by building layers: egg, slice of tomato, sprinkle or slice of cheese, lettuce or spinach. Serve with hot tea or coffee. Pretend you are eating out and enjoy.



The Glorious McMuffin at Home

It's truly spring here in Spokane. Dear hubby scared the tar out of me by coming up behind me while I'm working on the computer. He put this lovely Pooh Bear next to my head and squeezed its tummy. When you squeeze its tummy, it says such creepy things like, "We're friends" and "Hello" or giggles. I don't think he deserves a McMuffin this week.

No comments: